Welcome
Welcome to OZLAVERDA Racing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

And when there's no racing...

News up date on what the team is doing and latest events.

And when there's no racing...

Postby laverdaian » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:31 am

You might as well be going riding with a few mates.. ;)
This mob of Laverdas rolled up to my place this morning, all keen to go for a cool Sunday ride.. and I do mean cool. Could feel the chill factor through the leathers as we headed out, but it was a distinctly Laverda ride, with not a jappo or hog in site.. very nice vibes as we blasted through the hills up to Maleny, then down the range to Kenilworth, and up again over the Obi Obi range to Mapleton for a pub lunch in the sun...
Highlights for me were simply being out there surrounded by that Laverda sound and spirit, and the run up Obi Obi, which is a split one-way road, so almost (almost) like a race track..reckoned I'd even cracked it after no-one came by me, until I got to the top and found out Levo had broken his throttle cable causing a stoppage behind... :roll:
Oh well, next time I'll beat 'em fair and square... :lol:
That's my Sunday report lads
Ciao
8-)
Attachments
DSC_0057.JPG
Well..good morning...!!
DSC_0069.JPG
Jota riders hatching a plan..
DSC_0074.JPG
Now that's a good look..
laverdaian

Re: And when there's no racing...

Postby XBCoupeJota » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:20 pm

Good looking line up of Lavs Ian. It's always great to see a possy of Laverdas on the road ... and the sound, magnificent :)
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Postby laverdaian » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:04 am

And then there's the chance to go testing, which Drmsby and I did today.. admittedly at Queensland Raceway, which is flat, with lots of bumpy entry and exits due to all the cars and trucks that race there, but predictable at least, which is a good thing when 'management' decides its time to get a little more involved and go for a ride too.. :roll:
Enough of the riders having all the fun...!! and out into a beautiful blue-skied day, 19deg with a light breeze...
Drmsby out first and warms the Monty up, and comes in sorta happy, with a few mumbled comments about front end feel, lots of havoc in/over the bumps.. so the idea is for me to go now and see what I think... :shock:
How the ... would I know, probably crash it first lap if it's like that... :lol:
Anyways, out you go and wow.. "how good is this..?!" 15 minutes later, there you are back in the pit, asking all sorts of things like.. "if I'm scraping my boot, and banging off the rev limiter, am I going too fast...?!!"
What an absolute joy to finally get on this little bike after all the time spent on her, and find just what a sweet machine to fire up and simply enjoy the ride...
But yes, a bit to be done in the forks.. which we did.. and fine tune the tyre pressures to the day.. and I've gotta say a big thank you to Drmsby, who quickly had the info to get the bike right, which made my ride day such a pleasure..
Couple of minor oil weeps (still damn it.. :( ) but still a good day to show the bikes solid, and reliable now as we head into preparation for the One Hour in September...
Mind you, I don't give pie-eyed about that.. I just wanna get the next chance to jump on the mighty Monty and go for it.. it's a whole lot of fun... :D
Special thanks must also go to Mark M, who rode Miss J out to join us, and was of great assistance in the pit, but also on the wall where he tried his hand as the 'lens guy..' Good job Maaaate, love your work.. and thanks.
So that's my report.. see yas at it next time
8-)
Attachments
DSC_0094.JPG
Mr Focus goes to work..
DSC_0170.JPG
Groovy game D or what..? Yea man..!
DSC_0190.JPG
Bliss on a stick going by..
laverdaian

Postby markQLD » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:21 am

maaate, was a good day, thanks.
you have given Pete's Monty another life, well done.
great to see you out there having a bit of fun.
markQLD

Postby ceejay » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:02 am

...You guys....Perfect one day .....Race track the next.....Cee you at the next one....Cee...
Orange is life...
ceejay

Postby XBCoupeJota » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 am

Great stuff Ian I bet you were buzzing for days, it's a real good feeling to be able to ride your machine in anger on the relative safety of a track. Looks good with the fairing on Mate :D
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Postby Cosi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:14 pm

Looks good with the fairing on, finally got to have a go of it hey, happy days
Cosi

Postby laverdaian » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:36 am

So in two weeks time we go again at Qld. Raceway, this time with both Blair and Drmsby getting sorted on the bike prior to the trip south in September.
Spent today just going over the bike, trying to cure a minor oil leak that developed down the left side last test. Retorqued the motor to a nice tight setting, resealed around the clutch cover and cam cover ( both of which did have little weeps going on, and fitted a good fitting oil ring at the gear shift shaft with a washer and spacer to hold it snug. Hopefully that's the lot, as a slippery gear change lever is a pain in the butt..
More work on the forks, with a variety of pre-load spacers under way, and a bit of valve tweaking to improve response under brakes and over bumps on exit when trying to keep the power down..
Attention to the carbys also, with new lighter springs to improve the general feel of the throttle, and a bit more effort into the routing of the cables to optimise action response. Drmsby seemed to think that the original set-up would prove difficult over a sustained period (like the One Hour) so hopefully now it's better. Certainly feels like it to me. Interesting to note that the springs that came out appeared to be heavier, but also different in length, and one had a trimmed end.. :roll: Better now we trust.
Along the way we found that one of the coil mounts had failed, fortunately plenty more in stock, so easily fixed, and well spotted. There's a lot to be said for pulling the bike apart every time, if only to run over it and look for things like this.
New sticky tyres arrived this week too, and a locking fuel cap on the way..( Drmsby managed to get fuel all over her last time with a chin knock under brakes.. :?: Put an end to his session, but an easy fix to avoid the same problem putting an end to our race sometime..
Measured our rake (35deg.) and trail (110mm). So we've got a baseline if we start mucking about with forks heights etc. as we get closer to the serious end of the year. We won't be doing more than the One Hour in the second half, but gee it'd be cool to finish off 2011 in good form.. ;)
Thanks to Dave Ward at 'AutoItalia' and Rob Turton and the lads at 'Tyres 4 Bikes' for their help this week.
So that's my Sunday report this week. See ya's at it soon.
Ciao
Ian
Attachments
DSC_0208.JPG
Odd springs.. think I woulda noticed sooner..!
DSC_0209.JPG
Handy to have stock..
laverdaian

Postby ceejay » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50 am

...It`s always the little things that make her happy.......I enjoy the updates to mate... ...Cee...
Orange is life...
ceejay

Postby laverdaian » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:50 am

And on we go with quiet preparation for next weekend.. need to focus some more on the front end, so a variety of pre-load spacers in. Fitted up the 140mm units, looked about right on static test, but we'll wait and see what next weekend brings..Blair and Drmsby will hopefully be well pleased..
Bit more muckn abart wit throttle to get smoother, and a bit of a polish up so she looks sparkling ready for a days work. Can't believe how much time we put into doing approx 200ks... don't do this much preppping for a trip to Philip.. :lol:
Anyways, all done and well in time to nip upstairs for a quick crab and corn omelette while the IOM 2011 is on...
Hmmm, wonder what all my other OLR mates are up to... ;)
And that's my Sunday report..
Catch up soon lads.. probably in turn 2, but you never know..
8-)
Attachments
DSC_0210.JPG
A mans gotta have choices..
DSC_0212.JPG
Neat and pretty.. patiently waiting.
DSC_0211.JPG
What you lookin' at..??!!
laverdaian

Next

Return to Team News