Welcome
Welcome to OZLAVERDA Racing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

What oil to use in my Monty?

What oil to use in my Monty?

Postby Colin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Taking the Monty on to the track, what oil is recommended. I use Castrol GTX normally with frequent changes, cheap and does the biz. Any advantages to the expensive stuff?
Colin

Re: What oil to use in my Monty?

Postby XBCoupeJota » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:22 am

At the risk of starting another Oil thread which are all over the internet, we have tried many different oils and I don't specifically recommend one brand over the other. I would recommend you staying away from the Car Oils and use a motorcycle oil specifically designed to work with wet clutches.

There are many out there and staying with a cheaper mineral based oil seams to be well supported in the Laverda community. Most important thing is regular oils changes and if your going to race the bike that means changing the oil after every race meeting, which gives you the added advantage of having a good look at what is coming out of the engine in relation to swarf and identifying any damage you should further investigate.

Hope you enjoy the track outing.
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion