Welcome
Welcome to OZLAVERDA Racing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Carburettor work

Carburettor work

Postby jota6297 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:02 am

I believe my 79 Jota is running rich. It fouled B8ES plugs going to Phillip Island and got approx 27 mpg. Apart from, I think, running rich it also has a problem with at least 2 out of 3 floats sticking occasionally. I want to take the carbs off and get them all set correctly, float heights etc then send the bike to be tuned. I have never done this before so the instructions need to be ignorance proof and must suit the set-up for a Stanco Jota not a Slater Jota. Where can I get a decent set of really simple instructions, let's assume the technician in this case is the same :D
jota6297

Re: Carburettor work

Postby XBCoupeJota » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:17 am

Dellorto PHF tuneup guides are available on the web, but they will probably confuse you more than assist. The Laverda Twin & Triple Repair and Tune-up Guide (Tim Parker) has a more Laverda centric view of how to setup the PHF 32mm Dellorto's.

The Carbs if they are old will probably need a good clean up and refurbishment (usually the pumper jets need replacing). Your in Victoria so I would suggest talking to Greg Parish at The Dam Laverda Parts see link

http://www.thedam.com.au/The_DAM/DAM_Laverda_About.html

Greg can provide all the parts you need to re-kit the carbs and if you need assistance to get the jetting right or indeed a full carbie rebuild these services are also available.

Cheers Crispin

PS. out of curiosity do you know what size main jets are in the Dells
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion