Welcome
Welcome to OZLAVERDA Racing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

My Japan barn find

My Japan barn find

Postby Box65 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:16 am

Hi Laverda friends! Recently i picked up up this laverda in Japan! Its a bit sad looking and needs a good tidy up its a 1988 1000 RGS order specifically for the Japan market to head off the M V Augusta 750 sales of that period.
NOTE: this is only what i have gleaned by researching the internet. I tryed face book laverda international and got no where.. I want to know the history of this Japanese model and the qualities they ordered im sure it was only 4 or 5 of these. So im hoping me Ozzy mates will know and fill in the missing details.

I haven't received bike as yet still being shipped over to NZ.
Below is some pic's can you guys help us with deciphering the badge, And if anyone can help with the missing side cover that would be shit hot as well.

Thank you and look forward to your feed back, Andrew.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Box65

Re: My Japan barn find

Postby Tibbetts » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:57 am

Woah nice find!
Tibbetts

Re: My Japan barn find

Postby XBCoupeJota » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Very special looking machine indeed, but I don't know anything about it's origin. Definitely RGS base with early tank and looks like the Cico fairing. The veglia gauges would not have come from the factory as the tacho range is well beyond safe operating RPM for the Laverda.

Enjoy bringing it back to it's former glory.

Cheers Crispin
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion