Welcome
Welcome to OZLAVERDA Racing

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Wet Weekend for the Historic Nationals Eastern Creek

News up date on what the team is doing and latest events.

Wet Weekend for the Historic Nationals Eastern Creek

Postby XBCoupeJota » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

This weekend is the Historic Nationals at Eastern Creek Sydney.

The Monty is fronting up from it's last events at the Wakefield 1 Hour and NZ Barry Sheene event. Last I heard the team was still chasing problems encountered in NZ which affected the Qualification round. Blair managed a very respectable 7th Place in the wet session with a bike still suffering from a misfire under-load.

I'm sure the team will be after more rain as the Monty performs better in these conditions.

Steve B's ICR Laverda twin is on the front of the grid for it's class so looks in a good position to chase down the National Championship.

Hope all the Laverda fans get along to support the Laverda's on track this weekend.

Cheers Crispin
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Re: Wet Weekend for the Historic Nationals Eastern Creek

Postby Laverda Bomber » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Good luck guys. Look forward to more reports
Bomber
Laverda Bomber

Postby XBCoupeJota » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:34 am

Well the weather cleared and turned into a beautiful day.

Ian's Monty was still suffering from misfire problems which we finally got on top of by simplifying the wiring and earths and bypassing all switches. Blair had to start from rear of the grid and finally the guys got a clean race under there belt. They have one more race tomorrow.

Steve's twin ran very well with Drymsby leading race 1 from flag to flag to accumulates imam points. Race 2 had the competition charged up with Drymsby 3rd into turn 1. He quickly reeled them in and by turn 3 was in the lead where he stayed extending the distance to the second place bike by 9 seconds at the cheque red flag.

Hopefully the race goes well for ICR Laverda team tomorrow and they clinch the National title.
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Postby blairb » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 am

The three meeting program came to an end today with the Monty looking and sounding just about as good as the first day at Wakefield (seems a long time ago) We take a lot of positives and a lot of learning from the meetings, we showed some good form in the wet, we made good progress with set-up. We were able to 'benchmark' where the Monty is in terms of how competitive she is. At the national level (both here & NZ) we carry too much weight against the others, Ian knows as well as anyone the things required if he wants to go down that path. The engine ran strong throughout, the miss-fire eventually sorted by Crispin was electrical, during the search CJ, Ian, Steve & Mark all found small things that will make there way into Ian's data collection for future planning and set up. Was it worth it? you bet, to come straight into that level of comp end up well in the top 10 each time in the wet told us we were close, in the dry it's HP & weight.
Over the weekend we ended up with an 8th & 9th in class on a dry track, it was good to see Ian kit up for the last race, unfortunate that the clutch slip I was having in my last race ended up requiring him to come in. The change in gearing to get us more drive cost us down the straight so in the end not much gained it was nice though having more drive over the back of the track. With a bike this size gearing options are critical & you need time to sort this out. These 3 months have been so much fun with Ian & CJ, I'm so happy for Ian that despite some small problems we only had one DNF in NZ and a DNS at the creek (plus Ian's DNF) a couple of podiums were the icing on the cake.
It was a real thrill today to see Steve's team go so well with Drmsby riding the way he does best, 100%, well done to them. look forward to 2013. Cheers Blair
blairb

Postby laverdaian » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:49 am

Same here for me. We come away from the program with a lot of information to collate and review, as we reset for whatever the future holds for young Monty. We made the plan to go out and have a crack at a fairly high level, with the expectation of simply having fun displaying the Laverda Montjuic amongst 'the commoners'.. :lol: and that's what we did. CeeJay and I were very pleased to arrive where we did, and thanks must go to Blair for fronting up and being our pilot for the important stuff. For me, I've copped the chequer and the starter for the first time in many years, and pleased to have done so.. it was a bit of a funny experience in the last race as I gridded up as directed. Made sure I had a gear, revs up and then had a moment.. "how do we start..?" "oh yea!".., just in time to look up and see the red lights go on... wait for it.. and away we went.. :twisted:
So much enjoyment to achieve our goals, participate with many good mates both at the track and at home in preparation, and very much looking forward to next year.
Thanks must go to my good brother Ceejay for his dedication and advice, Blair for the ride and funny stories of racing 'in the day', and to the strong support from Mark Muir, Red and Maxene, and a quiet gidday to Crispin for his interest on Saturday that got us away again, in the style to which Blair had almost become accustomed.. sometimes a fresh look is all you need, and we thank you mate.
Good luck to OzLaverda Racing for next year, and we'll see you all then.
Ciao Laverdaisti
8-)
Attachments
151.JPG
Blair away with his usual style..
223.JPG
Excited..? na, I'm cool..(like f**k..!!)
356.JPG
Good mates all...
laverdaian

Postby markQLD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:40 am

was a top meeting. good to share some laughs and good times with ya mates.
and over 2,000 k's with Miss J, in perfect weather. bliss!

some Monty photos;
http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... =slideshow
markQLD

Postby XBCoupeJota » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Some great machines at the Nationals
sml_IMG_7042.jpg
TZ Yamaha

sml_IMG_7029.jpg
Wayne Gow's Guzzi

sml_IMG_7027.jpg
T-Rex Honda

sml_IMG_7025.jpg
ICR Laverda Twin

sml_IMG_7026.jpg
Gowanloch Ducati
XBCoupeJota
Site Admin

Postby PatrySeema » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44 am

I'm so happy for Ian that despite some small problems.
A beach hot bikinis uk coverup gives you a little additional protection from the sun.
PatrySeema

Postby PonyJender » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:46 am

Steve & Mark all found small things that will make there way into Ian's data collection for future planning and set up.
There are lace Sheer Bow Dotted Bridal Corset that come in a stretchy, sheer lace fabric.
PonyJender

Postby laverdaian » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:37 am

Absolutely, it all goes down in the little black book. Just home from a great end year event for 'Blotto' with Team Stranglers" They are a great bunch of experienced racers, and so much discussion about changes for the up-coming attempt at Phillip Island..
It's all in the learning lads..

8-)
laverdaian

Return to Team News